SongExplorer is a Google Home assistant for music recommendations, built with Go and Redis. Using Google Home and API.ai
In a nutshell this service consists of the following
- a very light Go web API (https://github.com/jesseward/songexplorer)
- An agent created at api.ai
- All api.ai intents, with the exception of the ‘help’ intent are answered by the songdiscover webhook (this Go app).
- A self hosted Go app. Its sole purpose is to massage communication between api.api and the last.fm API. Calls that result in a redis miss, pass through to the last.fm API.
This has been published to the Google Actions catalog and can be invoked from any Google Home or Google smartphone device using the following example phrases.
Example Google Home invocations
- OK Google, let me talk to song explorer
- OK Google, ask song explorer about artist Nightmares on Wax
- OK Google, ask song explorer what artists are similar to Underground Resistance
- OK Google, ask song explorer what are the popular songs by Boards of Canada
- OK Google, ask song explorer what songs are similar to Caught Up by Metro Area
- OK Google, ask song explorer what can i do